Sony has finally delivered on the promise that it made a year ago, and giving the option to PS4 players to change their PSN ID once, for free.
Following are the steps to follow in order to change your PSN ID
- On your PS4, select the user account associated with your PSN.
- Go to Settings -> Account Management -> Account Information -> Sign-in ID, then enter your PSN password.
- Enter your new Sign-in ID (new email address) and hit ‘Confirm’.
- You’ll receive a verification email to the new email address you entered. Follow the instructions in the email (which would simply be clicking a link provided in the email) to verify it.
- You should now be able to sign in to your account using your new email address.
You can also change it by signing in to your PlayStation Network Account on a web browser, and selecting “Edit” on the profile in the top menu.
While the first change is free for everyone, further username changes attempts will cost 9.99$ for normal users, and 4.99$ for PlayStation Plus subscribers.